If you are adding changie to the workflow for an existing project that includes a CHANGELOG
you can follow these steps to keep your existing changes.
- Rename the existing
- Follow the quick start guide
- Move your backup changelog into the generated
changes folder named as your latest release.
- For example, if you just released v1.2.0 rename your changelog to
- If you are using another file extension and not markdown than adjust accordingly
- Cut and paste the heading from your previous changelog into the generated
changie merge to regenerate your changelog to make sure it looks right
You can now use changie as normal, you do not need to recreate all previous version files.